Tuesday, April 22, 2014

my surprise birthday getaway!

I celebrated my 39th birthday last Tuesday. We were down in South Georgia visiting Clint's parents for our spring break. Clint totally surprised me and took me away to a bed and breakfast in Cedar Key, Florida. It was the very first bed and breakfast we ever stayed in when we were newlyweds! I was so surprised! I didn't figure it out until we were almost there - it was about a 3 hour drive. He told me we were gonna go antiquing in some nearby towns. He secretly packed my makeup bag and a pair of pajamas. It was such a wonderful little birthday getaway for just the two of us. We loved every minute!! (and a special thanks to my sweet in-laws who watched the kiddos while we were away!!)

Here's some photos I took with my phone while we were away:

breakfast with my wonderful husband
 
such a wonderful birthday getaway!!!

when we got back to robert and diane's house, all the kiddos were waiting with cards and a cake they helped grandma make. and leo even made me a crown to wear!


best birthday ever!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this post- you guys look so incredibly happy! What a gorgeous place . . . and a gorgeous birthday girl! :) Love the picture of you and the kids at the end, too. Glad it was so wonderful . . . and glad to see a new post from you! I miss reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a gem of a husband, Lora...such a sweet and thoughtful gift he planned for you! Happy Birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special birthday you had! I love B&bs too! :)
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin