Sunday, January 12, 2014

nautical patchwork baby quilt

My next door neighbor and friend Natalie is expecting her sixth child (a baby boy) in a few weeks. I made a little nautical themed patchwork baby quilt to take to her baby shower today. I thought y'all might like to see some photos! I am really pleased with how it turned out!

i used two really cute sailboat print fabric, one starfish print, a fun cloud print, and lots of gingham and ticking, mixed in with some solid blues.

i put a layer of flannel in between the front and back of the quilt to add a little weight to the feel of the blanket. it's nice and warm and cuddly!


i was excited to make a little sailboat applique for the solid blue cotton backing. isn't it cute?!

As you can tell from this photo, it's not perfectly sewn.
But I still really like it, and I think that it adds a little bit of whimsy to the quilt.

And my sweet friend Melissa made this adorable embroidered burpcloth to go with the quilt! 
She is launching her own website, Sweet Needle Co., in a month or so! I'm really excited for her!

Here's the little card I made :)  AHOY!

*************************************

I really really enjoyed making this little patchwork quilt! It was fun to dust off my sewing machine and sew something again. It had been awhile! I am so glad that I can sew. It really brings me so much joy! 
 
Hope y'all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a lucky baby! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora, that is SO cute! I love the fabrics you used- your friend is gonna love it! My favorite part is the sail boat you stitched up for the solid side- it's just darling!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin