Wednesday, October 17, 2012

little things that are making me smile






N
E
W

S
H
O
E
S
!






Sometimes it's the little things that can brighten your mood the most. Clint knew I'd been having a rough week, so last night, he came home early so I could have some much needed alone time. I went to Target and found some new shoes. I usually go shoe shopping about once every few years, and get two pair of the same shoe in different colors. Then, I wear those two shoes into the ground. (I have huge feet, so finding shoes is really difficult for me. I avoid shoe shopping until I absolutely have to get a new pair.) Anyway, I found some really cute suede loafers and bought a pair in grey and a pair in khaki. Now, I'm set for a few more years! I am super happy with them, and I am thankful for the extra money from Harvest Fest so that I could buy them. :)

I took a walk with the kiddos today and the weather is absolutely GORGEOUS! I wanted to take a quick photo of me under the trees with the gentle autumn breezes blowing through my hair. Seriously, I received the weather like a big hug from the Lord today.
He knew I needed a day like today!

There's a big pot of mums by our front door, and every day, there are at least a few bees getting drunk on the pollen. I love to watch them. They are so intent on getting out as much sweet nectar as they can from each flower.


I've been trying to do a few things to the front of the house for this fall season. Here's a few things I've done. I hung up a little garland I made on the upstairs window, right above the front door. You can see it from the outside of the house. I like it a lot.   And I also put a little "Harvest" flag on my front door. I found it for just $1.00 at a yard sale a few weeks ago. It was brand new. It makes me smile. "Harvest" is one of my favorite words! It reminds me of this scripture:

"Let us not become weary in doing good, 
for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."  
Galatians 6:9

**********************************************

What little things are making you smile today?
I'd love to hear!!

 

4 comments:

  1. Those shoes are so cute! I am going to have to check them out... I wear m shoes to the ground too - or until my toes almost touch the ground. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute new shoes! They look comfy! Love your pretty black door and fall banner! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for new shoes!!! (and an ordeal over with!)
    And yeah for fall decorating!

    You look stunning in that photo by the way- what pretty eyes you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you got a little you time and some new shoes, that always helps. good hubby you got there hon:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin