Thursday, October 11, 2012

faithful

Sweet Gina surprised me with a beautiful little embroidered hoop. She's been practicing embroidery and asked people about a month or so ago on her blog if anyone would like a word embroidered. I happily replied! She asked me what word I wanted, and I told her to just pray about it and see what the Lord told her. I got my package in the mail yesterday, and was so touched to see that God had given her the word "faithful". Yesterday was one of the hardest days I've had in a long time. Since hearing the news Tuesday night about Jonathan's death, I've kinda been walking around in a daze. Crying, praying, and more crying...  So, Gina's little hoop arrived in the mail yesterday at the absolute perfect time.

One word. Faithful. A word from the Lord to remind me and reassure me that He is still faithful. Amidst total tragedy. When I don't understand why things happen the way they do. That He is still on the throne. And that He will somehow work all things together for good... 

For the word of the LORD is right and true; 
He is faithful in all he does.
Psalm 33:4

The LORD is faithful to all his promises
 and loving toward all He has made.
Psalm 145:13

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, 
for He who promised is faithful.  
Hebrews 10:23 







5 comments:

  1. love the small rainbow at the bottom left corner of the first pic--another reminder from God

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful hoop sweet Gina created! God is so faithful! Blessings, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Lora in your presence, it's beautiful next to the Tigers eye!!!

    You are so welcome (but i'm concerned about the rippling. You can pull that tighter if you want to just take some of the backing off and pull the material tight. I'm sure it's because of the way I packaged it:/

    sorry bout that.

    xoxo you took great photographs of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She did a lovely, lovely job!
    Again He shows just how near He is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a perfect reminder. faithful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin