Monday, September 10, 2012

retro patchwork baby blanket

I've got the sewing bug. It's been awhile since I've sewn anything big, like a quilt. But over the past week or so, tons of inspiration has jumped into my spirit. (God put it there, I'm sure!) And I've been happily sitting at my sewing machine making patchwork baby blankets. I'm super excited to have these at my booth at Harvest Fest next month. I've been praying as I sew them that the blankets will be like spiritual coverings for the little ones, and that the presence of God will be felt strongly whenever the little ones are snuggled up inside them. I get excited when I think about all the babies that will be the recipients of these prayers!

This is the first one I made when the creative urge hit me last week. 
I really love all of the awesome, retro vintage fabrics in it. 
(I got the fabrics from my good friend Jenn's etsy shop, make mine blue.)
I enjoyed experimenting with the fun top stitching on this one, too

isn't that vintage flannel print on the back so great? 
I think it's my favorite part of this blanket.

Leo helped me get a full sized photo to show all the fantastic vintage prints. 
I realize now after looking at this that I need to iron it! Oh well.. :)

***************************************

In other news, I am ecstatic that fall is in the air. Yesterday, we had the windows open all day to let the cool autumn breezes blow in. It was heavenly. I sewed as I listened to the wind in the trees and the birds singing their song. I love this time of year!





(linking up here:)



4 comments:

  1. Love it!! There is something so simply sweet about patchwork quilts!! Have a great day! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. LORA, wow!!! You are amazing, I adore this, speechless over here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the quilt is beautiful, wrinkles and all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin