Saturday, September 29, 2012

on display

I went by a great little estate sale today, and found a few vintage treasures. My favorite find of the day was this sweet little ceramic bust. It's of a young girl that looks like she's from the 1800's, judging by the hair style.

I've named her Beatrice. :)
 I thought she would be a cute way to display a necklace on my booth.
 Isn't she sweet?!

************************************

I've also been playing around today trying to figure out how I am going to display my earrings and bracelet cuffs. Here's what I've come up with: 

I stacked some old books and propped up the earring cards in the little grooves of the spines. What do you think?

This is the side view. I'm totally open to other display ideas! Please share!!  The only condition is that the cards have to be propped up a little bit for the earrings to dangle properly. 

I LOVE the cards I had made. They are just what I was hoping they would be! 

And this is what I came up with for the bracelet cuffs. They are on a antique rolling pin.

or, this one -
i just covered a piece of burlap to an empty paper towel roll and tied off the ends with twine...

Again, please share your ideas if you know of any other cute ways to display earrings or bracelets...


Hope y'all are having a great weekend!


Lora

3 comments:

  1. I like the burlap covered roll best. And although I like the way the earrings cards look on the books, I wonder how easy it will be for customers to pick up and put back. I will be watching this post to see if others have ideas too. Have you seen the ideas on Pinterest? You can use a large wooden frame, screw in hooks on sides that suspend wire. Make several rows, hang earring cards over them. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane6:32 PM

    I LOVE your ideas ! ! ! The stack of old books is perfect and allows you to see, at a glance, if you need to replenish a spot or rearrange them when you make a sale. The rolling pin is great and so in keeping with your vintage theme.
    I like the burlap idea......you cannot go wrong with burlap...always looks good with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your display ideas- especially the earrings on the old books! Your booth is going to be so inspiring to everyone who comes by!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin