Wednesday, September 26, 2012

keys to His promises

I stayed up late last night stamping a bunch of old keys, while Clint was cleaning up the the garage (and listening to Donna Summer :) ). It was a fun, productive night! Clint helped me search the scriptures too to find just the right words and references for each key. And I took cues from the original writing on the keys themselves. I am excited about how they turned out! This is the first time I've really stamped keys and the result is really cool looking. It looks almost as if the words have been there all along!  I also like how they could be worn by either a man or a woman. I have been wanting to have some jewelry at my booth this year that guys could also wear. And these are perfect!

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."  Proverbs 9:10

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." II Chronicles 7:14

messy worktable 
(you should've seen my dirty hands, too!)

me at midnight, after a long night's work

vintage tin full of jewelry for Harvest Fest
i'm up to 114 pieces now!

(my favorite one of the night)

The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer." II Samuel 22:2

(the back of this old key says "Rockford" :) ) 

******************************************

My heart is happy when I can create things with my hands. I always connect with God in such a powerful way. His presence meets me at my dining room table, as I hammer away letters and numbers into metal, declaring His promises.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are doing an awesome job and have made some really nice pieces! I wish that I loved close enough to come to the harvest fest, too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin