Saturday, August 4, 2012

vintage handsewn patchwork


I found these beautiful vintage patchwork quilted placemats last weekend on a thrifting excursion. I fell in love with the retro fabrics and handstitches. I was going to sell them in the shop, but decided to keep them for myself. They are just so pretty.

aren't they beautiful?!

There's three in all.
And this is the other side. 

looking at little stitches made by hand always evokes such a happy feeling inside of me.

There's something about this photo that I really really love.

I am thinking about making something out of these placemats, so I can admire the work everyday, instead of just when I have fancy meals.

Any suggestions of what to make? I am thinking about some pillows...

Speaking about crafting, I am watching a really interesting series right now about making things with your hands.  It's called Craft in America. Very, very good! You can watch it here on the pbs website.


One other thing - some shop news: 
I've just added a bunch of vintage trims (like the ones above) . 
Come on over and check them out! :) 

Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

  1. awe these are so sweet! I love them! what an awesome vintage find!! I think pillows would be great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin