Tuesday, August 7, 2012

simple gifts






Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free
'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,
And when we find ourselves in the place just right,
'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.
When true simplicity is gain'd,
To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,
To turn, turn will be our delight,
Till by turning, turning we come 'round right.



As I get older, I realize more and more that true delight is found in the simplest of things.

The laughter of my children.
Plastic pools and elephant slides in the backyard.
Steaming hot muffins for breakfast.
The gentle squeeze of my husband's hand in mine.

Simple gifts.
Experiencing the joy and delight of my Father.
He is in it all.


(linking up with:)

2 comments:

  1. I needed this reminder today- thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when! It seems like yesterday that my babies were in the kiddie pool during the dog days of summer. Such sweet pictures of YOUR babies!

    Now, as I am in a different time of life, the gifts are different, but are just as sweet. Some days they are more difficult to find...but He is so good to me...He gives them to me at just the right time!

    Happy Tuesday, Lora.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin