Monday, August 27, 2012

seasons


I am so thankful for seasons.

I am thankful that summer turns into fall, and fall turns into winter, and winter turns into spring. 

To me, seasons are a wonderful reminder that with God, we can always begin again. 

There are always second chances to make better choices.

To start afresh.

And a reminder too, that hard seasons will end.

That the scorching summer heat will stop, 
and that the cool autumn breezes will begin to blow.  

So, as this summer comes to a close, I rejoice because I know that a new season is starting.

And I am holding out hope that as fall begins,
I will begin to see brighter, happier days in my own life.

I am hoping that things will get a little easier. 

I will hoping that I will begin to see answers to prayers that I have prayed for years.

I am hoping that I will have new vision, new excitement, and new purpose.
 
Thank you, God, for the gift of new seasons.

*****************************************************************

There is a time for everything, 
and a season for every activity under heaven: 
a time to be born and a time to die, 
a time to plant and a time to uproot, 
a time to kill and a time to heal, 
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh, 
a time to mourn and a time to dance,  
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,  
a time to embrace and a time to refrain, 
a time to search and a time to give up, 
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend, 
a time to be silent and a time to speak, 
a time to love and a time to hate, 
a time for war and a time for peace...

He has made everything beautiful in its time.

(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, 11)

7 comments:

  1. Yes, seasons. I have learned from 2 wise women in my life that it is best to approach one's life from the viewpoint that life is a series of seasons. Some seasons are wonderful, others are painful; but all seasons move on to the next, no matter what. Hoping for you to see a brighter season ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing: if you would like to be inspired by one of these women who is so wise, you can follow her blog here:
    http://foreverythingaseason.blogspot.com

    She is full of wisdom and inspiration, and is a very dear friend of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post lora . . . thinking of you, and praying for you that indeed this season will bring those hoped for answers to prayer and lots of laughter too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tears as I read this... I needed this simple word yet HUGE for me! I need these things as well so bad! This passage gives me a peace to be where I am at and to feel what I am feeling and let God heal me! Thank you as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your picture!! what a sweet photo!! you are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the pic looks like you are listening....i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That top looks beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin