Friday, August 10, 2012

i will come forth as gold

{beauty in the brokenness} : a treasury

tattered and torn

tarnished and worn

frayed and rusted

there is beauty in the brokenness.


60YR Old Tattered Worn ...
$16.95

Vintage Leather Baby Sh...
$29.99

Vintage Stack of Shabby...
$19.99

Vintage Silver Plated G...
$4.20

50% OFF STOREWIDE SALE ...
$3.00

Very worn Vintage Quilt...
$65.00

Silver Plated Teapot Ta...
$24.95

Vintage 50s Country Blu...
$16.00

Vintage leather binocul...
$30.00

Tarnished Engraved Wine...
$18.00

set brown primitive wor...
$25.00

Antique English Hair Br...
$22.00

Antique or Vintage Mont...
$175.00

Crazy quilt, silk and v...
$325.00

Vintage silverplate dis...
$10.00

Vintage baby shoes, ado...
$14.00



I've always loved the shabby chic, worn, primitive look. Maybe it's because I like to imagine the story behind each piece. Every thing has a story. A history. And those signs of wear are the evidence that they were well loved.

It's in the brokenness that beauty is found.

It's in the hardships that we are made stronger.

"But He knows the way that I take; 
when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold." 
Job 23:10

2 comments:

  1. Lora,
    I can't thank you enough for featuring two of my items here on your lovely blog!
    I look forward to exploring your blog further........:).
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for adding my quilt on your blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin