Thursday, August 23, 2012

a little snippet of a post

Hi everyone! I only have a few minutes today to write. I wanted to share a few favorite photos of the week. Hope y'all are having a great day!

My mom made Ruth some skirts for to wear this new school year. (She starts kindergarten on Sept 4th!). Here she is modeling one of the outfits my mom sent her. Ruth was so excited when she opened the box. She squealed, "They're gorgeous!"

And then she said, when she looked at the price tag on the shirt, "What's that?" I had to chuckle. She didn't know what a price tag was! I guess most of her clothes have been from thrift stores or hand-me-downs. haha...

 I took this cute photo of Robby at the playground the other night. Do you see his shoe in the background? It fell off when he was playing on the slide. :)

And I noticed this really interesting and beautiful plant by the lake on the walk home from the playground. Does anyone know what kind of plant it is? So pretty and unusual!



I made this adoption necklace last night.  I've been watching "gotcha day" videos on you tube (like this one)  for the past couple of nights, and I've been thinking of necklaces I could offer up in the shop for women who are waiting to meet their babies half way around the world. This was the first one I've made. I've got some other ideas that I going to try soon, too. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Love the skirt and top...and that she didn't know what a price tag was...so cute and sweet! I'm pretty sure the plant is a Pokeberry...in the spring you can eat the greens and the berries make a gorgeous purple dye...

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the "waiting" necklace. So much more than just for adoption, right? Oh, and I had a little shoe off incident yesterday, but my girl just stood there and cried. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Pokeweed (Phytolacca americana). Here is some interesting info about it.
    http://waynesword.palomar.edu/ecoph24.htm

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin