Thursday, July 12, 2012

joy in the journey

God always seems to bring custom orders my way that speak directly to my heart, and to the things that He is teaching me at the time. It's really interesting to me how so many of us learn the same spiritual lessons at the same time.

Last week, a dear customer named Gladys commissioned me to make her a pendant with the phrase "JOY IN THE JOURNEY" stamped on it. She was inspired to have this made from a song by Michael Card. I am also learning the same lesson right now; to appreciate and find joy and beauty in the journey that God has placed me on.

It's not always easy (in fact, it's sometimes very challenging),
but I can take comfort in the fact that He is with me on my journey.

He is holding me hand (and often carrying me) along the rocky and treacherous path.

He is my biggest cheerleader, cheering me to keep on keepin' on.

He is the cool water to quench my thirst when I am exhausted and feel like I cannot take another step.

And He is the wind in the trees and the birds singing in the tall branches that give me comfort and peace.


Joy in the Journey
by Michael Card


There is a joy in the journey,
there's a light we can love on the way.
There is a wonder and wildness to life,
and freedom for those who obey.
All those who seek it shall find it,
a pardon for all who believe.
Hope for the hopeless and sight for the blind

To all who've been born of the Spirit
and who share incarnation with him;
who belong to eternity, stranded in time,
and weary of struggling with sin.
Forget not the hope
that's before you,
and never stop counting the cost.
Remember the hopelessness when you were lost

There is a joy in the journey,
there's a light we can love on the way.
There is a wonder and wildness to life,
and freedom for those who obey.
All those who seek it shall find it,
a pardon for all who believe.
Hope for the hopeless and sight for the blind


Remember, my sweet friends, that He is with you on your personal journey, too.

Joy can be found. 

Whatever difficult situation you find yourself in today,
ask God to show you the pockets of joy.
The remnants of grace.
The slivers of hope.

They are there, waiting to be discovered.
And more importantly, HE is there.

And in HIS presence is fullness of joy.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Lora! That has been one of my favorite songs since I was a young girl!! It is quite timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard this song in ages! (maybe decades!) Thanks for sharing. The lyrics mean so much more to me in this time of my life...as I have been seeking the Lord with all my heart in the past 4 years....so beautiful...so encouraging...and so true. There is such a joy!
    A joy-filled Friday to you, Lora!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin