Monday, July 23, 2012

hope in their darkest hour

I had a really lovely day yesterday. My hubby's been working so much lately. And because of that, I haven't had much time to myself lately. So, yesterday, my dear Clint watched the kiddos so I could have a few hours alone.  It was wonderful! I went to Michael's to get some little jewelry bags and ribbon for a project (that I'll tell you about in a minutes), and then I went thrift shopping for my partner in the Thrifty Love Gift Exchange. I found so many wonderful things that I know my partner is going to love! (And I also found a few little goodies for myself!) And if my outing couldn't get any better, I passed a yard sale sign on my way home. Yippee! It was much needed little break for this tired mommy.

Then, I spent some time late in the afternoon working on making twenty handstamped charms for a wonderful ministry that Laura from Bits of Splendor is heading up called Project Hope. These little charms of HOPE will be put in memory boxes that are given to women in the hospital who have lost babies. As I hammered all the words of hope yesterday, I prayed for peace and comfort for the women who will receive them. 

As I was making these, I felt led to pray over each one that Jesus would bring each woman who would receive them "hope in their darkest hour".

{hope} 

When I look at all of these little charms, I can't help but think of the women who'll get them. 
And also, the babies that they lost. 

this is how the finished product is gonna look.
I think they turned out really sweet.


I want to encourage you to head on over to Laura's blog to read more about Project Hope and how you can help. She's still looking for donations. It's a really amazing opportunity to spread the love and hope of God to women who are hurting.


project hope

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet and touching project to work on. I know those charms will be a special token to the mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:34 PM

    very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great project. as a mama who's lost 3 babies by miscarriage, this is a very special gift for those who are grieving.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin