Thursday, July 19, 2012

delicious dessert in 5 minutes

One of my favorite parts of our recent Disney cruise was the food. The desserts they brought out at dinner all looked so beautiful! I've been wanting to make a little dessert ever since we got back that reminded me of those pretty plates...


Last night, I was inspired, and decided to try something new for the kiddos and Clint.


My dear friend Susanna blogged awhile back about a simple and super-fast chocolate cake you can actually microwave in a mug! Sounds crazy, I know, but it's really good! And it only takes a few minutes!

5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well..
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.




After I had tipped out the cake onto a plate, I cut it into small circular pieces. Then, I made some fresh whipped cream and topped each piece of chocolate cake with a big dollop of whipped cream. And I finished it off with some strawberries. Oila!! Beautiful little desserts, just the right size, for my family!! 



In this photo, you can see the cake a little bit better. It is a sort of dense cake, almost like a brownie. Delicious warm chocolate cake, topped with cold whipped cream, and finished with summery-sweet strawberries.

Heaven!


3 comments:

  1. Looks good! I have that recipe or a similar one Never made it though!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. heck, food is the best part of my entire day!
    so glad and happy y'all had such a great cruise and made many wonderfullyhappy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely try this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin