Wednesday, July 4, 2012

cruise - part three

Here's part three of our Disney Cruise adventure!

Clint and I were really blessed to have some great alone time while we were on the cruise. They had a fanastic kids club program that you could check your kids into anytime from 10am-10pm. And all our kids (except for Robby, who was too young) LOVED it!! They had so many wonderful activities, crafts, computer games, etc... And the Disney characters often popped in to say hello and play with them! It was very safe, too. Each kid got a wrist band that had a GPS unit inside it so you could always know where your kids were on the ship. I felt very confident leaving them there to play!

And the nursery was also very good too! My brother texted me a week before the cruise to tell me that he wanted to pay for Robby to be in the nursery up to 3 hours a day so I could have some alone time! What a brother, huh?!

One of the ports that the shipped stopped at during the cruise was a beautiful little beach called Costa Maya, Mexico. Clint and I were able to leave the kiddos in their clubs and put Robby in the nursery, so we could go exploring for a few hours. It was so fun!

walking off the ship toward the coastline

look at that bright blue water!!

Clint found this tower that we climbed up to get a good view of Costa Maya.
It was a pretty little hidden spot that not many tourists had discovered yet.

remember this dress?
I made a treasury a few weeks ago about "setting sail", and this vintage dress was in it. I contacted the owner of the etsy shop (called Ava Vintage), and she and I did a trade for it! (I made her two necklaces). It arrived the day before we left for the trip, so I was super excited!! I wore it several times throughout the trip, as a strapless dress and as a long skirt. Isn't it cute?!

I promised myself before we left that I'd have one fruity drink with an umbrella on top!
(the drink was a little too strong for my taste, so I didn't finish it. But, I had to take a photo anyway, because I thought it was funny!) You can see the turquoise ring I got that day too.

this picture of Clint makes me laugh. I love his expression.
the bar we had our umbrella drinks at was surrounded by a pool!

 Just getting away alone for a few hours (in a foreign country no less) was so much fun for us! 

**********************************

That night was Pirate Night!! Everybody got into it and dressed up. We had a blast! It was definitely one of my favorite nights on the cruise.

the boys and I with Captain Jack Sparrow

Papa and Joseph (I LOVE this photo!)

Clint doing his best Pirate face 

my brother Paul
(no words for this one - totally hilarious)

after dinner, we headed up to top decks where all the pools were for a fantastic Pirate Mickey show!
(Captain Hook and Mr. Smee were also there :) )

 Joseph watching the show

love this one of Ruth!

one big happy Pirate family!

Leo really got into this night, for sure!

I mean, seriously?!  Could Robby be any cuter?!!

We came back to our rooms that night to find towel monkeys hanging from the ceiling!  
(With chocolate coins on the bed too!)

I love this photo so much. I think Clint looks like a hunk here!
(This picture is my desktop screensaver right now)

************************************

I hope that y'all have a fantastic 4th of July!!

THANK YOU GOD FOR FREEDOM!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like everyone had a blast! It's so great that you were able to spend some one on on time with Clint AND feel good about the kids' safety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous time y'all are having; splendid! I love seeing people having a great time; keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:47 PM

    I'm so jealous! This looks like so much fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two look like a great couple and Im glad you all are enjoying yourselves!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin