Friday, July 6, 2012

cruise - part five

This is the last day of my week long blogging about our Disney Cruise! Thanks for indulging me, guys. I've loved sharing all about our special vacation. I know I will be glad I did! Especially in the future, when I want to look back and remember all the good times we had! :)

The last full day of the cruise was spent on a private island that Disney owns called Castaway Cay. It was gorgeous. The beaches were unbelievably beautiful! Clint and I took the kiddos off the ship around 10 am to have a look around the island and maybe spend a little time on the beach. I didn't expect to be there long, because it's hard to do that sort of thing (especially in the heat!) with five little ones. But, God gave us lots of grace, and we ended up spending the day there. It was so much fun! And the children did so great! I was so proud of them.

beachy Lora :)

getting our spot set up 

Clint made a little shady area for Robby that was blocked off so he could play in the sand out of the bright sun.

love love love this picture of Ruth!!

group photo after lunch
(it was hot, can you tell?!)

cutiepie :)

isn't the beach just beautiful?!
(that's my brother Alan sitting under the yellow umbrella)

Clint took me up to the top deck of the ship that night to get one more photo of the sunset.
(can you see the moon at the very top of the picture? cool, huh?)

and this is the sunrise over Port Canaveral 
Clint took this photo from our balcony the morning we were leaving

this is Ruth sleeping, right next to the window. Even with the morning sunlight pouring in, she was still fast asleep. We had to get the kiddos up early that last morning, and they sure didn't want to leave! They loved the cruise so much....

As I've written all of these posts over the last week, gratitude has filled my heart. I am so thankful to my parents for giving my family such an amazing vacation. It truly was one of the best times I've ever had in my life! And I know that my children will always remember their cruise on the Disney Fantasy.  I am so thankful to God for such wonderful, generous parents.  They chose to celebrate their 50 years of marriage by lavishly giving to their children and grandchildren. They wanted to celebrate their years together with the entire family. It truly was such a blessing!!!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:33 PM

    what a dream vacation! What a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is so amazing of your parents! I bet it was so fun. And your pictures of all your beach chairs made me laugh. We do the exact same thing at the beach. We set up "camp" as we call it. Four people, six chairs, eight towels, three umbrellas, and tons of stuff. It is such a sight! Glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a family trip of a lifetime! so happy for you that you got to enjoy that with your family. love the Princess Ruth pictures -- toooo sweet!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin