Monday, July 9, 2012

beula's cowboy suit

Clint's Grandma Beulah (affectionately called "Boots" by most people when she was alive) was quite the seamstress. She loved to sew clothes for her children and grandchildren. Clint brought out his old cowboy suit the other day for Joseph to try on. Beulah had made it for Clint was he was a little boy. We took some photos of Joseph wearing it - he just looked so cute!







I love that there is a heritage of creative, talented, crafty women in both of our families. I know that Beulah would have been thrilled to know that the little cowboy suit she made for little Clint has survived all of these years and is now being enjoyed by her great grandson. :) That's one of the things I love about making things with my hands. - The idea that they can last beyond my years and carry on into the next generations for those I love to hold and enjoy.

(linking up with:)

bits of splendor monday

3 comments:

  1. That's adorable!

    ~Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a darling outfit, I'm sure they'd be delighted to know it's been passed down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treasure! Those are the special things worth holding onto over the years for sure!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin