Friday, June 1, 2012

out of balance

Well, life is gonna look a bit different for me now.

Yesterday afternoon, I got a virus on my PC computer and it wiped out all of my photos, documents, etc... It was a hard night! I am still really sad about it, and don't know if I will be able to recover anything from the computer since there was so much damage done to the hard drive. I am hoping that a good friend of mine's husband will be able to help. He is really good with computers, so I'm praying that he will be able to recover the data/photos lost. If not, I will have to maybe send it off to be looked at. And all of that costs extra money, which I don't have...

I have a little laptop that I mainly use for movies for the kids, but I am going to be using it now to keep up with my etsy shop. The battery and charger are on their last leg though, so i have to only use the laptop when absolutely necessary. So... my time on the computer is going to be limited.

It's actually kind of interesting because God's been nudging me for the past few weeks to take a step away from the computer. I've been feeling convicted about how much time I've been spending on it, and now, I'm forced to step away and unplug a lot more often. So, I am taking this whole thing in stride, knowing that it's all for my good. And I am expecting God to teach me a lot through this season of stepping away from being online so much.

The past 24 hours since I've been pretty much without a computer have been rough! I have realized that my life has totally revolved around being online. It's kinda scary. I think back to what my life was like 10 years ago, when I was hardly ever on the computer for non-work related reasons. My life was a lot simpler. And I didn't find so much of my identity wrapped up in my on-line presence. (ie. blog, twitter, email, etsy, etc...)

Anyway, I have realized that things have definitely gotten out of balance. And, hopefully, I will have to guts to step away and slow down and focus on what's most important in my life. And as I look at my kiddos sitting in front of me on the couch, I am reminded that they are what's most important. They are what I should be spending the majority of my time on.

So, with that, I will say goodbye for now. Gotta shut off this little laptop and spend some time with my kiddos.

Have a great night!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lora- Your new header is beautiful!
    I am aching for you over the loss of pictures- oh LORD, Please bring those back!

    I do pray that balance will be restored, though. Stepping away can be so good- even forced :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lora, please consider getting an external hard drive; you can download all your photos, important work, etc. OR stock everything on memory sticks. I try and do both but I'm a low tech geek and it's hard for me.
    Hoping and praying your husband's friend can help.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin