Friday, June 8, 2012

new in the shop

I made two new necklaces this morning. I am really happy with how they turned out! One of them has the word "forever" stamped on it. This is the very first necklace I've made with that word. I sat down at my dining room table, and put that little brass disc on my steel bench block and waited for the Lord to speak to my heart. And clear as day, I heard the word "forever". I was thinking about marriage, specifically the wedding vows. And I was thinking about how two lives are intertwined together in life, in love, in kids, in God. That's why I put the pretty woven wreath on top of the disc. I think this necklace would be a wonderful bridal shower gift or a gift to celebrate an anniversary. Or even just to buy to remember your wedding vows on a daily basis! (I know that I definitely need to be reminded of those, especially when those hard seasons come.)


to have and to hold, from this day forward
till death do us part 

And this is the other necklace I made. I love the leaves around the word joy. Y'all know how much I love leaves and trees! :)  And I love the scripture that God gave me for the necklace, too!




"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; 

the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, 

and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."

Isaiah 55:12


and this was my view today while I was making jewelry. :)

Benjamin and Leo were writing/illustrating little books about their favorite toys.

********************************

Hope you're having a great Friday so far!


5 comments:

  1. Well done! They are both so pretty and original. That 'forever' necklace is just so perfect for remembering marriage- brought tears to my eyes, but that's as it should be . . . until death do us part! It's the way He designed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty necklaces!...and oooh...that verse...now I'll be singing that song all weekend...that's a good thing...I love it!

    ~Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the forever necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, Lora...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both beautiful, but that forever necklace is SO COOL! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin