Saturday, June 2, 2012

my saturday

I had a quick minute to sit down at my laptop today so I thought I'd write a little post.

It's been a beautiful day! Nice breeze and not too hot.


Here I am sitting at my dining room table today, working on my laptop.  I've used it a few times today, for short little periods. It's been good. I was able to figure out how to hook my printer up to it so I could print shipping labels for my etsy shop. All in all, it's been a relatively smooth transition going from my big PC to a little laptop. In fact, I've found that now, I am not nearly as distracted/tempted by being online too much. My setup with the PC was too convenient almost. Now, I have to set more strict time frames for being online, and this has helped me to be more balanced. I am really thankful actually for this. I know it sounds weird, but it's true. God has used this little computer crisis of mine to force me to look at my life and reevaluate how I am spending (or more importantly, wasting) my time.  And as I look at this photo above, I am kind of struck with how peaceful and calm I look. Maybe that's a sign that being on the computer less has done me some good!


And before I sign off, I wanted to share one more thing with you.  There's a conference going on at our church this weekend, and hundreds of visitors are here for it. I wanted to walk over today to meet some new people and maybe get a snack in the cafe.  Before I left, I felt like the Lord said to make a necklace and that He was going to show me who to give it to once we got there. I sat there in my chair and looked at the copper pendant, waiting for inspiration of what to stamp. And I decided to ask Benjamin and Leo what they thought I should stamp. Benjamin said, "faith", and Leo said "courage and love". So, I made this necklace above.

Benjamin and I walked over there just a little while ago, and we asked God to show us who the necklace was for. And then, I passed a girl and immediately knew it was for her! I caught her attention and gave her the necklace and shared with her the story behind it.  Then, I prayed for her and spoke encouragement over her - specifically in the areas of faith, courage, and love. She had tears in her eyes. It was awesome to see God move like that! And the best part of it all was that I got to include Benjamin in the experience, too. He got to see firsthand what's its like to bless someone like that. And to be used by God to touch someone else. He was really excited and proud. It was so neat.

5 comments:

  1. Very good things!
    You do look peaceful (and very pretty, too)
    I love how God uses your necklaces to speak so powerfully to others!

    More later friend . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...what an awesome story of walking in obedience to the promptings of the Lord! Thank you for sharing that today.

    You do look beautiful and peaceful, definitely! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love it! You ALWAYS encourage me everytime I pass through your beautiful blog! You have an amazing heart Lora. Love the story of showing your son how to bless and pray over others. So lovely. What a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be moved and used by the Holy Spirit is such a gift! To be a willing vessel and be able to spill out His Love to someone in need...to know, without a doubt, that you are doing His work...what joy!

    p.s. Thank you for your encouragement on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin