Thursday, June 14, 2012

light and momentary afflictions

I'm not gonna lie, y'all.

This has been a rough week.

I had a migraine on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Robby was sick with a fever and wouldn't eat on Tuesday night. I thought it was teething. Well, today Joseph got a fever and was complaining that his tongue hurt. And then, I noticed some weird red bumps/blisters on Robby's mouth, hands, and feet. Sure enough, it's hand foot mouth disease. A not-so-fun virus. I am hoping and praying that it doesn't develop into the sores for Joseph. He woke up from his nap a little while ago, and his fever was gone. And Robby's sores are too too bad. I am praying that no one else gets the virus, especially we leave for our cruise in one week.

I am reminded of II Corinthians 4:17, in light of the week I've had (actually in light of the year I've had!)

"For our light and momentary afflictions are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." 

And here's the New Living translation, which I think is so good:

"For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!" 



I took these photos this morning, before I noticed the sores. 
You can see a few forming on his chin in the first photo. By the afternoon, he had gotten lots more.

*************************************

I spent some time making jewelry during the little ones' naptime today. I always feel better and closer to God when I make things with my hands.  Here's one of the necklaces I made:


"This hope is like a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls.
It leads us through the curtain of heaven into God's inner sanctuary." 
Hebrews 16:19

**********************************

I hope y'all are having a good day. 

I'd love to pray for you. 
If you have any specific prayer requests, just email me at eagerhands@gmail.com .
 It would be my honor!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lora! More on your plate?
    Yet just hearing you share what God is showing you in scripture is such an encouragement to me . . . I see glimpses already of the beautiful, holy soul He is refining!
    (and that necklace is so lovely, by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yuck - we just went through hand foot & mouth, too. I can barely function on good days with 3 kids 5, 2, and 1. I don't know how you do it with your bunch. Some days are just better than others. Good to know God has us on our up AND down days. Thanks for sharing. I love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little guy is sooo cute:) Praying for you all...healing & refreshing *I pray that God, who gives you hope, will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in him. May you overflow with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.*romans 15:13

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin