Thursday, June 7, 2012

last day of school

Today is the last day of school! Wow. It seems like yesterday that the kids had their first day! They've grown and changed so much since then! What a difference a year makes! I took these photos right before they got in the car with Clint. The boys were so excited!

Benjamin is saying "Yes!" in this photo. 
And can you see where he lost his front tooth? That just happened on Monday.

i love these guys

I took a few of Ruth too, even though this is not technically her last day. 

She's actually gonna be continuing to go to her preschool class at church throughout the summer so she'll be extra ready for Kindergarten in the fall. She loves her class and her friends and her teacher Miss Valerie. And I think it'll break up the days nicely for the rest of us when we walk her over there and pick her up each day. 

The biggest change in her appearance over the past school year is definitely her hair. 
It has grown so much!!
I love my girl!

**************************************

I confess I am a little bit nervous about the summer. It's gonna be pretty wild in the house with all the kiddos. I am going to have to create some kind of schedule each day to keep the boys occupied and entertained. Does anyone have any good resources for that? Please let me know if you do!

In other news, I am starting to get really excited about our big adventure coming up soon! My parents, who recently celebrated their 50th anniversary, are taking the entire family on a week long Disney cruise!! We are leaving in a few weeks. It's going to be amazing, I'm sure! So, now that school's out, I can start preparing/packing for that. If anyone's been on one of those cruises and has some tips, I'd greatly appreciate any advice you can give me! :)

Have a great day, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. The energy and excitement on the last day of school is always so palpable! And what fun to have a Disney cruise to look forward to!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the kids are adorable and I can see that they are really happy about no more school for a while.
    A disney trip! they will have a blast. have a great summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on another successful school year! And how exciting that you are able to go on a cruise!! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time on your cruise! My husband and I are going on an Alaskan cruise with his grandmother at the end of the summer. I've never been on one before, so it'll definitely be a new experience! I've see a lot of great ideas for keeping kids on Pinterest lately. Maybe check there if you haven't already :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Last Day of School to your crew! My boys still have two weeks, and Jonas CANNOT wait . . . now that he is in middle school the reality of last minute projects they pile on him is starting to stress him to the max!

    Do you have a library near by to take the kids to? Maybe one day a week could be 'library day' . . . something I did with my kids when they were younger was cut out a bunch of same size circles from construction paper, make a 'worm' face out of a slightly larger circle along with simple wire 'antenna' and put the face on a blank wall somewhere- then for every book my kids read (or for the younger ones, been read to) I or they would write the title on a smaller circle and 'grow' a bookworm out of our reading by attaching the book circles in a wiggly line to the head. It was really fun to watch it 'grow' day by day. Maybe after a certain amount you could award a special treat or activity. Anyway- just a suggestion! Happy Summer "vacation"- for them, not you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found this little schedule: Make Something Monday (preplanned art activity or project), Time to Read Tuesday (storytime at local library or just a trip to library), What's Cooking Wednesday (baking or cooking activity), Be Thoughtful Thursday (write letters, make care packages, bake cookies for others...any service project), Somewhere Fun Friday (swimming pool, park, museum...get out of the house). You can tweak it to work for you. I'm making a picture calendar for my kiddos with the "fun" things we're doing (backyard camping, making homemade ice cream, water balloon fight, family vacation, mini golf, etc...).

    Have a great summer with your kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin