Monday, May 14, 2012

tea time with Ruthie

I promised to blog about the special birthday date that Ruth and I had at Savannah's Tea Room on Saturday. We had such a sweet time together, just the two of us girls.  Once we arrived, we made our way to the big trunk filled with beautiful, flowery hats to try on.  Ruth picked out her hat as well as mine. I loved both of the hats we were wearing. We were giggling and laughing and smiling the entire lunch. It was so much fun! Here's some photos of our time:

she was absolutely delighted.

i love the way she's looking at me in this photo.
it makes my mama's heart so happy!




they served Ruth her pink lemonade in this teacup and teapot. 
how cute is that?!

(my favorite shot)

beautiful birthday girl!

her lunch was peanut butter and jelly, chips, fruit, and a brownie (which we split, of course :) )

my lunch was a salad and a delicious tomato/mozzarella panini

standing in front of Savannah's

****************************************

Best $20.00 I've spent in a long time!!

The look on Ruth's face was worth every penny.



(linking up with:)
bits of splendor monday

7 comments:

  1. i've got a tea party in the works for this week too...thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. Life with 3 boys is great, but I also treasure the girl time my daughter and I have - such a different pace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing the love-light in her eyes as she looks up at you...priceless!! I am sure she will remember the special times you had with her for the rest of her life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. seeing her in her 'tea hat' and drinking her 'tea' is enchanting . . . you can just see what a beautiful girl Ruth is, inside and out! You're a wonderful mother Lora!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet pics to treasure,love the hats and that pretty pink teapot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! You are a creative mama, that's for sure. Thanks for inspiring creativity for other moms. Found you via Bits of Splendor. Enjoy your lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious precious memories!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin