Thursday, May 17, 2012

my new and improved craft room

As part of my Mother's Day present, my dear husband cleaned/organized my dining room (aka craft room/jewelry making "studio"). He spent most of the day working in there, making every corner ship shape. I love him. :)

Here's a few photos of my favorite corner of the room. I hung up a few vintage handmade pieces on the wall, and put some of my beloved knick knacks on top of the dresser that holds all my packing/shipping supplies for my etsy shop.


here's a run down of all the "decorations", as Joseph likes to call them:

vintage dresser - free (a gift from a friend)
vintage flour jar - free (a gift from my mother-in-law)
iron cross - (i've had it for years and years. can't remember where I got it)
stenciled box, filled with stamps/washi tape/twine - $1.00 (got it at a yard sale last summer)
vintage honey bear - free (a gift from my aunt)
vintage lamp - free (a gift from my husband)
iron candleabra - a wedding gift
vintage cake stand - passed down to clint from his late grandmama
vase of dried flowers - clint gave me that bouquet the day we moved into this house 6 years ago
antique "robe" aka china cabinet - $60 at an antique flea market
vintage framed cross stitch - free (a gift from a friend)
vintage framed needlepoint - $1.50 (a thrift shop find)

i love these so much
they make me smile :)

my wonderful Aunt Kathy sent me this little vintage ceramic honey bear for my birthday.
she wrote in her card that it was a symbol of her prayer for me to have a sweet year!

isn't he cute?


The instructions of the LORD are perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.  The commandments of the LORD are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are clear, giving insight for living.  Reverence for the LORD is pure, lasting forever. The laws of the LORD are true; each one is fair. They are more desirable than gold, even the finest gold. They are sweeter than honey, even honey dripping from the comb.
Psalm 19:7-10
***************************************

I've really enjoyed creating in my new, organized space.
Having a clean work area does wonders!

5 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful!

    Love the Psalm shared here and the bear is cute!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes- a clean works space is so nice! So glad yours is making you so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm moving my space at the moment and the disorganized mess is so chaotic! I only have 3 kiddos but they've already found a way into the old space (I had a big glob of nail polish to clean up yesterday in there), and the new "studio" is piles of bags and boxes. But when it's done, look out! I'm excited for the day it's organized, but I'm taking it little bits at a time. I love it that your Clint is so thoughtful. Blessings to you, little sister! (I can say that - I'm turning 40 this year!) :) C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:15 PM

    I saw this post on saturday, and then on sunday I was out yard-saling... and came across an EXACT TWIN of your honey bear! I couldn't believe it, I just love it when God throws us down a little magic like that... I bought it and have it on my bookshelf, reminding me of you and your sweet blog. I don't mean to sound stalkerish, just have received great blessings from your sharing and your sweet spirit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:28 AM

    I forgot to mention that I found the bear in Bangor, Maine.... seriously, how in the world? what are the chances that I would find the same bear all the way here?! LOVE how God does things! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin