Monday, May 28, 2012

biscuits and jewelry and a thanksgiving feast

This is a random post. It's a holiday, so I'm kind of in a lazy state of mind today! Been sitting around most of the day. I did manage to make some yummy biscuits from scratch today. The kids were excited (and I confess I enjoyed them a lot, too!)

There's something kind of therapeutic about kneading dough and rolling it out and cutting the dough into circles with the bottom of a drinking glass. I really like the process.

Here's the recipe, by the way, if you're interested.

my biscuits with butter and strawberry jam.
and, my mug of real, honest to goodness freshly ground coffee.
I am transitioning to the real stuff from my old standby Cafe Francais. 
Does that mean I'm a grown up now?

perfectly round biscuits on my shiny silver cookie sheet

i made a few cinammon and sugar biscuits with the left over dough.
these always remind me of my mom, because she did this growing up with our leftover pie crust.
(hi mom! :) )

sleepy eyed robby with his biscuit

i think she likes it!

So, I kinda felt accomplished this morning before the day had begun because I actually baked something from scratch and didn't just put out cereal boxes and milk.

After a lazy day, I sat down a little bit ago and made a few custom orders, as well as these two new necklaces:


"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine" Song of Songs 6:3

"But soon a fierce storm came up. High waves were breaking into the boat, and it began to fill with water. Jesus was sleeping at the back of the boat with his head on a cushion. The disciples woke him up, shouting, "Teacher, don't you care that we're going to drown?" When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, "Peace, be still!" Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. Then he asked them, "Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?" The disciples were absolutely terrified. "Who is this man?" they asked each other. "Even the wind and waves obey him!" Mark 4:37-41

***********************************

My tummy's full - Clint defrosted a turkey that we've had in the freezer since Thanksgiving. He spent all afternoon preparing a big meal. He and I sat down at 4 oclock today, amidst a kitchen table strewn with legos and transformers, and enjoyed a Thanksgiving feast. It was actually kind of comical. I really love that man!

3 comments:

  1. I love the Beloved necklace! And what a man to cook at Turkey just because!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to give those bisquits a try, and what cute cute pics lora!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had turkey today too!!
    I really love the Peace be still necklace!
    Awesome Lora!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin