Monday, April 23, 2012

our fancy date night

We had a wonderful night last night! One of Clint's former students got married. The wedding was at a vineyard, and the whole thing was just beautiful. It was raining off and on, but that only added to the romance, I thought.  Here's some of the highlights:


me in my new (strapless!) dress. I really loved it. 
(I think the last time I wore a strapless dress was at my Senior Prom back in 1993)

I love this photo of Clint :)

the beautiful bride, being walked into the tent by her father

just pronounced husband and wife! 
(I can't believe Jonathan is married. When we first moved here, he was one of the boys in Clint's first class. He actually helped us move our furniture into our new house. He was only 14. Crazy!!)


the happy couple walking down the aisle
(my absolute favorite photo of the night)
Clint's got his eyes shut in this photo, but I wanted to show this one because about 15 minutes after we took it, Clint leaned over to me during the ceremony and whispered,  
"You are more beautiful today than you were on our wedding day."
(oh my goodness. My heart absolutely melted.)

the reception tent was so awesome. twinkle lights everywhere. pastel pink and peach globes hanging from the top of the tent. gorgeous flowers all over. it was just beautiful!

they little muslin bags had homemade chocolate covered cashews with caramel inside. delicious!
i loved all the vintage touches on this table

isn't this sweet?!

the flowers on our table

i thought this bunting was so creative and fun!

**************************************

We had a wonderful time, dancing the night away. I am so grateful that we were able to have such a fun, romantic date night! And I am so happy for Jonathan and Christina. Their ceremony was so special and sweet. Jon cried through his entire vows. It was precious. I thought of my own boys as I watched the couple exchanging vows. I prayed that one day they would find a girl that they loved and adored as much.

And I thanked God again for the man that was sitting next to me, holding my hand.
He is such a blessing.


(linking up with:)

bits of splendor monday

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I got teary eyed about what he said to you! So sweet, so romantic!
    You looked beautiful and I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think weddings have got to be the most wonderful kinds of date nights... AND you looked absolutely fantastic in that dress!!!!! How fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't matter if you know the happy couple or not...it's so much fun to look a wedding pictures! I love seeing the different ideas people have for their wedding celebrations.

    How very blessed you are in your marriage, Lora.

    p.s.Your hair is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't get through your post without crying. So beautiful . . . so much love . . .You are so blessed! And that dress looks amazing on you. Congratulations to the happy couple, and congratulations to you and Clint for all the love in your marriage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so pretty and I love those wedding decorations! I am your newest follower from the Networking Blog Hop! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your husbands words made me teary eyed! Love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:13 PM

    I love your lipstick!! What kind is it?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin