Monday, April 16, 2012

37!

Yesterday was a good day. Clint let me sleep in, and at 9 am, I was awakened to the sound of my in-laws on the phone singing Happy Birthday to me. Then, four little munchkins ran in and jumped on the bed. They had all made drawings and cards for me. It was so cute!

Later on, Clint took us all to go strawberry picking at a strawberry field near our house. The kids had a blast!

in the car on the way to go pick strawberries!

I think Robby's excited, too!



I love this one!




After we got home, everyone took naps (except for me). I went to the mall for some alone time. I got some really great shoes for a wedding next weekend. And, I also bought a few clothes at Forever 21. (I always feel so old in that store! I know I'm probably too old to shop there - but man, their clothes are so cute! And cheap!!)

 Here I am in my new top and shoes, all ready for my date!

I made the kiddos strawberry shortcake before we left for our date. Yummy!

At 8pm, one of our favorite babysitters, Cali, came over to watch the kids. 
Clint took me out for a birthday dinner at a really nice restaurant. It was so sweet. We had a really amazing talk. My husband is so wise! I missed him so much while he was away all last week.


The man at the table next to us overheard me saying that it was my birthday, and offered to buy us free drinks! He was really nice. So, I enjoyed a glass of red wine with my steak. :)

All in all, it was a sweet birthday. 
Clint really went out of his way to give me a special day.

*********************************************

Today's gonna be a quiet day. Joseph woke up with a fever today, so I had to cancel his doctor appointment to get his cast removed. He'll have to wait a few more days, I guess. And my phone is not working (long, crazy story). And all my contact info is gone, too. So, I've been pretty unreachable for several days. I'm waiting for a new SIM card to arrive in the mail to fix my phone problems. So, like I said, it's gonna be a quiet day. Which isn't such a bad thing!

Oh, and one more thing - the winner of my birthday giveaway is Mommy Gray, who said:


So far, this has been a guiding light for me this year.

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."
--James 1:27


Congratulations!! And thanks to everyone else who entered as well. I was really blessed by reading the scriptures that God's been encouraging you with recently!



(linking up here:)

bits of splendor monday

9 comments:

  1. Happy 37th Birthday, Lora! May your upcoming year be blessed with revelation, grace, and joy from the Lord. He loves you.

    p.s. Strawberry picking! We don't pick strawberries in New Hampshire until June! (sometimes the end of June!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Lora!!
    You hot mama you!
    And yay for parents-in-law who sing happy birthday over the phone!
    Love it, and love your heart beautiful lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a lovely birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO glad it was a great birthday!!

    You look GORGEOUS in your new treats! You are so radiant!
    (and I get what you mean by shopping at Forever 21- more than half the clients haven't even gotten to 21, let alone remain there forever! ;))

    It's amazing to me that you can actually go strawberry picking in April! Late June or July is our time here. Looks beautiful where you were and your family is so wonderful. Props to your husband for helping make your day so sweet!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWEET! Happy Birthday Blessings!

    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! I glad it was a great one. Yummy strawberry shortcake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl--left you a b'day message yesterday on your cell phone but now I know that you didn't get it and not even sure you will, so will tell you again...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love & Miss ya!!! We should be passing thru town on the 19th of May, would love to see you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! And thanks for the giveaway! I can't wait to see the necklace in person!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin