Thursday, April 12, 2012

billy frank

A few days ago, my parents and I (and Joseph and Robby) took a little drive to go visit the Billy Graham Library. It was so neat! I really enjoyed it. They had a little guided tour and showed several short videos as well. It was so inspirational. In the begining of the presentation, Billy Graham was referred to his childhood nickname, "Billy Frank". I realized in that moment that this great man of God was once just a little boy. And his mother did her best to raise Him up in the ways of the Lord. I'm sure she prayed for him as he grew, and asked the Lord (as I do each night) to make her boy into a mighty man of God. And just look at what God did! It so encouraged me, and reminded me of the high calling that I have as a mother. It is a huge responsibility (and priviledge!) to shepherd my children to become lights for Jesus. I hope and pray that I will be able to see my kids as adults, living and walking in the truth.

this barn was so gorgeous inside, too.
there were scriptures carved into the wooden rafters 

they transported Billy's childhood home to this site
the inside of it was also gorgeous!
i loved all of the vintage furniture and decor

Ruth is buried here on the land as well. Her grave overlooks a beautiful wooded area.
And, as you can see, there is an empty place beside her for her husband.

Right next to Ruth's grave was this prayer garden.
This special place was so peaceful!

isn't it lovely?!
You really could feel the sweet presence of God on the grounds.

me in my new sweater that my parents gave me for my birthday
(they threw me a little early birthday party this week since they are here visiting. 
My actual birthday is on Sunday. I'm gonna be 37!)


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lovely time. Yes, how wonderful to see our children living and walking in the truth ~ may God grant it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES Lora that place is AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin