Tuesday, March 27, 2012

my God-moment at Food Lion

{birdhouse on a tree in our backyard}

I've got an awesome story to tell y'all!

Last weekend, Clint headed up a yard sale at the school to clear out the warehouse that they are turning into a gym. It as a big success. He asked me to take some of the leftovers that didn't sell to Goodwill on Sunday. I was going to go to the closest one near us, but I kept feeling like I should take the stuff (a crib, some TVs, clothes, and cds/movies) to a Goodwill that was further away. When, I got there, I was disappointed to find out that they didn't take cribs that dropped down on the side or TVs that were older than ten years old. (Clint had spent a long time loading up the van, and I felt bad for him that he had wasted his time.)

I decided to go grocery shopping at the Food Lion that was right next door to the Goodwill. As I was checking out, I discovered that my cashier was newly pregnant, so I asked her, "You don't happen to need a crib, do you?"  She said no. But, then, a voice from behind me said, "I do." I turned around and saw a woman in her early 40's with two older boys behind me in line.

It turned that this sweet woman, Lisa, was about 13 weeks pregnant. She recently remarried, and this baby was a surprise. Her older children were not that excited about it. But you could tell she was so happy about this new baby.

We walked out to my van (her car was parked just two away from me!) and I showed her the crib. She got tears in her eyes. She said, "Oh my gosh! It's a small crib! I can't believe it. We just moved into a mobile home, and we haven't been able to find a crib small enough to fit inside. This one is going to fit perfectly!" 

Her boys loaded up the crib into their car.  And as they were doing that, I asked her if I could pray for her and her baby. Right there in the Food Lion parking lot, I put my hand on her shoulder and asked God to bless her pregnancy and the life of that new baby.

When I finished praying, I looked at her and tears were running down her cheeks. I told her that she should receive that gift as a gift straight from God to her. He set the whole thing up. I wasn't going to go to that Goodwill. I was gonna go to one closer to my house. And Goodwill wouldn't take the crib. And she got in line behind me at the grocery store. And the checkout girl told me she was pregnant, which led me to asking her if she wanted a crib.   All of those little factors had to come together perfectly so that I could give Lisa that crib!!

God is in the details.

He set it all up to bless a new mom who needed a crib. 
To let her know that she is not alone. 
That He cares for her. 
And her baby.

And that He will take care of them and supply all of their needs!

Can I get a HALLELUJAH?!


(linking up here:)










11 comments:

  1. What an amazing God we serve! I can only imagine His delight as your day unfolded....as you moved closer and closer to His moment of glory....how you must have blessed Him as you blessed sweet Lisa with your gift of, not only the crib, but your prayer and touch of love...and then the revelation to her of how God works....so beautiful, Lora!! AMEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. incredible! God is sooooooo intimately acquainted in the details of our lives. He is so good! way to go! way to be used for HIS GLORY & KINGDOM!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW!! I have goosebumps! Our God works in wonderful ways...so cool to get to be a part of his plans...especially the little ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lora, I just cried! I love how the Lord works through you! I love how the you listen and serve Him well. "Well done good and faithful servant" (Matt 25:23)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tears! How beautiful is our God? Thank you so much for sharing yet another glimpse into God's heart for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome!!! Hallelujah!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. precious precious story.. thank you for sharing! i am encouraged by your thought to pray for her. i so often miss those opportunities :(
    beautiful big family you have :) we have a "bunch" of little ones ourselves! glad to have found your blog via link up. have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing this. God is indeed wonderful and His love encompasses everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We serve an awesome GOD ! ! ! I love how HE puts all of the pieces of the puzzle together by allowing these circumstances to happen at just the right time, in just the right place, to just the right people. And all we have to do is to be a willing vessel for HIM to fill. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. God is good. All the time!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - that was a divine appointment. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin