Saturday, March 31, 2012

in the country

(a rose on one of Clint's parents' rose bushes.
Clint picked one today for me, which I promptly put in my hair)

 
We are staying at Clint's parent's house for the next few days for Spring Break. It is way out in the country, and let me tell you, it's so peaceful!

Just what I needed.

We drove about 5 or 6 hours yesterday. And then, we spent the night at my parent's house last night (their house is about halfway to Clint's folks' place, so it's a great place to stop for the night instead of driving straight through.) Plus, it was wonderful to see my parents! A short visit, but really nice. And then, this morning, we drove another 5 hours before we got to Clint's parent's house. After a yummy lunch, I promptly fell asleep. And slept for almost 3 HOURS. Heaven!!

The children are having a blast, too. Lots of fun things to see and do.

Robert (Clint's dad) showed Clint and I around the property - they've got about 5 acres. He showed us all the new trees and flowers that had bloomed. And then, he showed us their garden. So many things they'd planted! Tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, squash, carrots, potatoes, watermelon, just to name a few...

And then the fruit trees! Oh my... Apples, oranges, pears, peaches, nectarines, and blueberry bushes too.

I gotta tell y'all - after about 10 minutes walking around outside seeing all of this, peace just washed over me. All the cares of the world, things I've been worried about, just fell off of my shoulders.

I love being out here.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like heaven on earth where you are! Enjoy the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good nap solves a lot of life's ills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I am a new GFC follower. I love your site. I found you through a grow your blog hop. I would love for you to stop by my site and return the favor and follow me using GFC as well. Thanks so much!
    http://www.chunkyandmonkeymd.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin