Tuesday, March 13, 2012

honeycomb bubbles

The other day, I was washing dishes and I put a little vintage vase upside down to dry on a towel. 
I thought I had gotten all of the dishsoap out of it. Well, I was wrong. 

But, what I discovered in the seconds following took my breath away.

honeycomb bubbles!

Maybe you've seen this before, but I hadn't. And I gotta tell y'all, I was really amazed. I stopped washing dishes for a few minutes, just to stare at this little wonder. And I prayed right there, at my kitchen sink, and thanked God for small blessings like this one. 



You see, our dishwasher has been broken for several months now, and I've had to wash all our dishes by hand.  But I realized in that moment at the sink that if my dishwasher was working properly, I would have missed out on that little gift from God. I wouldn't have seen the beauty of the honeycomb bubbles.

I am learning more and more every day to look for these God-moments.
 These times that He is trying to reach out to me, seek out more of my heart.
More of my devotion.

*****************************************

The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. 
The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living.
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; 
The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold; 
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Psalm 19:8-10
**************************************


(linking up with:)

4 comments:

  1. How cool...and lovely! It really is about the little things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- that really IS beautiful. Those God-gift moments really do take intentional seeking, don't they?.. . I don't think I've seen bubbles that shape myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I really enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin