Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"casting" my cares...

What a day.

I woke up at 5:45am this morning to the sounds of Joseph crying. He kept talking about his "boo boo". I thought he was talking about a scratch that he got from Lester yesterday. I put him back to bed, only to have him cry out for me two more times over the next hour or so. I finally brought him downstairs around 7 ish. And he kept crying and talking about his "boo boo". Then, I noticed that he was not moving his right arm. I moved it a little bit and he cried out. Uh oh....

After a long morning (with Robby, too, since I couldn't find a sitter) at a doctor's office, urgent care, back to the doctor's office, then to an orthopedic surgeon, he ended up with a full arm cast. He broke the top of his radial bone, just under his elbow. (I am guessing he did it by falling out of his bed or by trying to climb over the gate in his doorway...) Poor little man!

Resting on the couch, watching Go Diego Go.

(He's only got one of his sleeves on because we couldn't get the other one on.)

the cast

my sweet Joseph

I am exhausted, y'all. I cried probably as much as Joseph did. It's so heartbreaking to see your child in pain, and not be able to do anything to help. And my head is killing me. I am trying to keep my eyes on Jesus. It's just been such a rough past few months for me... I know that things could be a lot worse, and that I shouldn't complain. I am very blessed.

I am thankful that God sees my hurt and my weariness and my discouragement. And that He cares.  So, I am trying to cast my cares upon Him.  And I am giving Him (again) all the things that have been weighing heavy on my heart.

7 comments:

  1. Oh poor lil' babe! Lots of hugs and prayers for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Lora... this sounds AWFUL!!!! hang in there. saying a prayer for you... get some rest and take care of yourself and those babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor everyone!!! Praying for rest for you and comfort for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry! Get well wishes for your little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lora- I am so so sorry that Joseph and consequently you are going through this. Yes- the last months have certainly been rough I know. Praying for you and him and all the family. He is God- He is in control. Praise to HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that sweet sad face! Thinking of you both. If God brings you to it, he will bring you through it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor guy! I hope he feels better so soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin