Monday, March 12, 2012

antique window frame

I love yard sales. Really love them. And this past Saturday proved again how much I love them.

Clint took us all to Shoney's for a big pancake breakfast (which was wonderful!), and on our way back home, I saw a hot pink "yard sale" sign. I only had about $1.50 in change, but I stopped anyway because I pretty much cannot resist a yard sale. :)   I found a pretty little incense holder and a book for a whopping total of $1.25. The girl holding the sale was really sweet. Turns out she and her husband used to go to the ministry school at my church. We had a nice talk. I commented on this awesome antique window frame that she was leaning against one of her trees in the yard. She had painted it, distressed it, and then attached this gorgeous fabric to the back. I loved it! But, I didn't have any more money. Anyway, I told her how much I liked it, and then she said, "Just take it. You can have it." I was so excited! And I instantly knew just where I was going to put it!

a perfect little corner, isn't it?!

isn't this just adorable?! 
I love the color of paint and how it's distressed too, showing the old wood in places.
and i think the fabric is gorgeous, too.

loving the rustic feel of the nail holes                                    Grandmama made this for Clint and I

happy






what i see as i walk up my stairs :)                                       and those stairs get lots of traffic!    


******************************************

I gotta be honest - I've been pretty down lately.

It's these little things like free vintage goodies at yard sales that have kept me going.
God is so good to me.
He knows just what thing will put a smile on my face.
And I know that this shabby chic beauty was a special love gift from His heart to mine.
 And I am thankful.


(linking up with:)
bits of splendor monday

9 comments:

  1. What a pretty find and a sweet lady. Isn't it amazing when God sends you a ray of sunshine just when you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing you there- happy! That makes me glad too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it!! that is super cool Lora!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a gift in your decorating, Lora. You know just how to place things to advantage. It's a blessing to your family to have such a warm and cheery home to enjoy.

    God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! love when God does those sweet things... blessings to u :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the fabric she chose to use. It looks perfect in that little corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty and the story that goes along with it is even better. Everytime you see it, you will be reminded of kindness.

    Found you in Bits of Splendor =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great blessing! I love it!

    Love,
    Brandy Jane Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this! How special. Like a little kiss from heaven and a reminder of it each time you see it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin