Thursday, March 29, 2012

another reason why i love vintage sheets

Last weekend, I found two adorable vintage Mickey Mouse sheets at the thrift store. I was so excited because I've been wanting to do a Mickey theme for Joseph's room for several months now. I looked all over etsy and ebay trying to find some cute sheets, but had no luck. So, I was so happy to have found two on the same day at Goodwill. :)


this room makes me smile :)
I already had that fleece Mickey blanket at the foot of the bed. It was actually the lining of a vintage sleeping bag that I got last year for Joseph. I just cut it out and discarded the exterior part.

One of the reasons I love using vintage linens so much in my decorating is that they make fantastic (no-sew) curtains! Just slip the curtain rod threw the hem casing, and you've got an instant curtain!! So easy and fun!

(the one I used here was a twin flat sheet)

And isn't that fitted polka dot Mickey sheet the most adorable thing?
I love it. :)

*************************************

I've got lots of great vintage sheets in the shop right now that would make amazing curtains.

Here's two of my favorites right now:

You gotta see this one unfolded - so cute!! Lots of great illustrations for each letter.



To see the complete list of vintage sheets (there are 11!), click here.

*****************************************

Have a great day, everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Those sheets as curtains are a fantastic idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Lora, my folks had those mountian sheets when I was little (I'm 44 now). I think they got them at Kmart back in the day. I love the idea to make curtains with a sheet. Why can't I be creative like that. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love vintage sheets! My daughter, Lydia, just bought her a set a couple of weeks ago and I want to hide them when she moves out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Cast your cares on Him for He careth for you"...in every big...and little... thing!
    Great "find".

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin