Monday, February 6, 2012

tiny fete

Well, just as I was recovering from my kidney stone saga, the whole family (except for Clint, praise God) came down with a nasty stomach bug. So, that's how we spent our Saturday and Sunday. Poor Clint had to take care of all of us. He is a saint!! The kids and I are all home today recovering and getting ready to go back to normal first thing tomorrow.

God gave me a few little gifts of love this morning to cheer me up. I found the sweetest note from my dear husband in the kitchen this morning. Seriously, so sweet. It made me cry. And then, I went to check my email, only to happily discover that I won an awesome giveaway!! (Out of 150 entries, I might add!)

My old friend Lesley has a wonderful etsy shop, Tiny Fete. We used to go to church together about ten years ago in Atlanta. We even went on a mission trip to Guatemala together! She makes gorgeous bags and darling custom clothing for little girls. I've had my eye on one of her bags for over a month, and I was able to get it this morning with the store credit that I won in the giveaway!!

Hooray! Here's the bag I just got. I am so excited.


(and I love the fact that the leather straps are made by her husband, 
who has a an awesome etsy shop called Magnolia Leather Works)

my favorite part

All of her bags are custom made. She's got lots of styles/fabric options, etc.. You should go check them out!

and look at this adorable little dress! oh my goodness...
It's called The Matilda Dress. :)

and here's just one more that I adore...
Parker Skirt

Lesley's got a great blog, too. I am constantly amazed at the talent of some many women out there. I love that women all around me are so creative and using their hands to make the world a bit happier and brighter...

So, in the middle of my little trials and sicknesses, God is so sweet to send me little tokens of love to cheer me up.

And I am thankful!


5 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you've all been sick this weekend! Oh when it rains, it pours! Good thing He is in those rain clouds, huh?
    I love Him all the more for such tangible bits of love He's given to you today.
    Get well, dear friend- to you and all your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lora, so sorry your family has been sick. I have missed your sweet & Lord inspirting blogs. I was away for a few months, and now I'm back. I look forward to catching up with you.

    Oh, remember the necklace you made for me? Jesus in Hebrew. Well my cousin loved it so much I gave it to her. So I will be buying a new necklace from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! I hope they all recoop soon, my daughter had it over xmas,

    and I am glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry your family has been battling the yuckies!! Congrats on your win...what a cool bag!! Praying all will be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful blessings! So happy to hear you are all feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin