Thursday, February 23, 2012

ruth's string of hearts

Last week, we moved Ruth out of her and Joseph's room into her very own room. (right next door). The two of them have done very well adjusting into sleeping alone. I was a bit worried that they would be lonely, but honestly, I think they've enjoyed their alone time!

Ruth loves to go in her pretty room at night and read books in her big girl bed. It is so sweet!

I will post more photos of the room soon, once I've done a few more decorating things, but I wanted to show you today a little something Ruth and I worked on last week for one of her bare walls.

a string of hearts!

It was pretty much one of the easiest projects I've ever done with the kids, but it has a big impact when it's on the wall.
(I got the idea from the super creative Corrie over here.)

all we did is tape the paper hearts to a piece of red thread, and then we taped the top of the thread to the wall. that's it.

Ruth added her own special touches. :)

so sweet!

You should try this easy craft for your own little one. You could even cut different shapes instead of hearts, too. Lots of possibilities! :)

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the link love and sweet words lora!!! it looks great...i hope your ruth loves it as much as mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that Ruth has her own room now. Looking forward to seeing more of it.
    Love the colors of the hearts against the wall- very simple, very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet, looooooooook at the little scribbles, :0

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin