Friday, February 3, 2012

my word for 2012

I wanted to blog about this in January, but my kidney stone ordeal postponed this post a bit. But, honestly, going through that sickness really solidified and confirmed to me that I had chosen the right word. So, that's good. :)

So without further ado, my word for 2012 is:

peace
noun \ˈpēs\
1. a state of tranquility or quiet
2. freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions
3. harmony in personal relations


"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You,
because he trusts in You." 
Isaiah 26:3

I made this sweet sterling necklace for myself yesterday. I'm excited about a new path to peace in my life for this year! I know that wearing the necklace will be a good reminder for me to be intentional about walking in peace everyday. 

(the tiny pearl resting in the center of the domed silver disc symbolizes me in the palm of God's hand.)


peace in my heart before the Lord.
peace in my marriage.
peace in my home.
peace in my parenting.
peace in my relationships.
peace in my mind.
peace in my emotions.
peace in my body.
peace...

i'm now offering this new design in the shop, too, if you want to get one for yourself.

what's your word for 2012?


6 comments:

  1. Mine is a whole phrase: 'You are exactly where you are supposed to be'. Too big or a necklace maybe and I can't think of how to shrink that one down to just one word. I wrote about it here:
    http://finallymom.blogspot.com/2012/01/come-play-with-me-5.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about "Contentment"...? :)

      Delete
  2. "You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3

    Love your word.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perseverance ~ I need it to see some things through to the finish this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's mine: www.endeanmom1.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-anchor-verse.html

    Of course, you already know all of this...you just made my necklace for me! :-)

    PEACE is a great word for the year. Your necklace is so pretty and YOU are BEAUTIFUL - inside and out!

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful necklace, beautiful word, beautiful you!

    Wish I had just one word for the year; right now with God is a tidal wave of revelation and words!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin