Monday, February 20, 2012

i am a new creation

I had a fun time with the kiddos yesterday doing a little craft/bible lesson. They were watching a video on butterflies, and I had the idea to apply what they had learned about caterpillars becoming butterflies.

I told them about how when we let Jesus into our hearts and allow Him to take control of our lives, He makes us brand new! A new creation!!

I printed out some coloring pages of butterflies off the internet, and let the kiddos paint them. (Benjamin and Leo wanted to draw their own butterflies, so only Ruth and Joseph used the coloring pages)

Then, we learned this scripture

"In Christ, I am a new creation. The old has gone, the new has come!" II Corinthians 5:17

It was really fun! And when I got up this morning, I asked Benjamin if he remembered the verse we learned yesterday, and he said it to me right away! It made my heart proud. I really want to do more of this kind of thing with my little ones. It didn't take very long, but I know that it is sowing seeds that will have eternal value.

And that makes this mommy feel so good!





aren't those pictures just adorable?! I love my kids.

*************************************************


And last night, I made another batch of my favorite bread. I was amazed at the size of it! This loaf turned out to be almost double the size of the usual loaves that I make. (And I used the same recipe!) I am still new at the whole baking bread thing, so maybe that happens sometimes. Maybe it was a really good packet of yeast of something. Nonetheless, it was a wonderful surprise! And this morning, I shared the bounty with my kids and made them french toast with it. Yummy!!

Have a great President's Day! We are all enjoying our day off together.
 I think I'm gonna keep my plaid pajama pants on all day. :) 



(linking up here:)
bits of splendor monday

2 comments:

  1. I miss those kind of days with my kiddos. That was the best part of homeschooling them to me- little lessons about God, our world,- so rewarding. They would work in such earnest. To this day there are still things they remember. Keep planting those seeds- they bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you tied the two together, I'm always looking for things to do like this with my kids. They love crafts so tying in a bible story is perfect. Also, that bread looks so good--do you use a bread machine? I've got one and want to pull it out again soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin