Sunday, January 1, 2012

tea time for the girls

I spent the last afternoon of 2011 enjoying tea time with my sweet daughter. 

We ate warm popovers, fresh out of the oven, with strawberry preserves.

I had my usual Cafe Francais in my favorite mug,
and Ruth had milk in her favorite mug. 

It was delightful.









Popovers

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
4 tablespoons unsalted butter

1. In a large bowl, mix together flour and salt; make a well in center. In another bowl, beat together eggs and milk, then pour into well. Gradually stir egg mixture into flour until batter is consistency of heavy cream yet slightly lumpy; do not overbeat. Allow batter to rest for at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.

2. Preheat oven to 425 F. Place 1 teaspoon butter in each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin or two 6-cup popover tins. (I used regular muffin tins - just don't fill them too high. I did, and the butter spilled over to the bottom of my oven, which I now have to clean. :) ) Heat in oven until butter melts, about 1 minute. Divide batter among cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake until popovers are puffed and golden brown, about 20 minutes. Turn out popovers and serve warm.  Makes 12.

************************************************

Happy New Year!!!

and a special Happy Anniversary to my dear mother and father-in-law!
They are celebrating their 47th wedding anniversary today!!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet memory she'll have of you and her having a special tea time together.

    p.s. I will be making your recipe tonight to have with my turkey soup! I have made popovers before, but never put the butter in the bottom of the tin under the batter...interesting and sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog via Jess Clark's. I'm lovin' it so far!

    www.thegraymatters.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. really sweet and special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this :) so sweet and fun!
    She is such a gorgeous little angel! Just like her momma!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin