Friday, January 20, 2012

slowing down

Well, life is definitely slowing down for me these days. It's been quite a rough week, with this painful kidney stone appearing on the scene last Sunday.

I had my appointment at the urologist this morning to talk about my surgery to blast the stone. I was hoping that they would do an xray today to determine if the stone is still there. (I suspect that I have passed some, if not all, of it, because I have been feeling better since Thursday morning, as far as the kidney stone pain goes.) Unfortunately, the nurse told me that an xray cannot be done until Wednesday. At that point, they will decide if I need to have the blasting surgery done on Friday. If the stone is not there, then I will have the stint removed about a week after that.

So, best case scenario is that I will not have the blasting surgery done and that I will have the stint removed about 2 weeks from now.



I confess I cried a lot today. I guess I figured I would have more closure after my appointment today. Instead, I am faced with more waiting.  Don't get me wrong - I am very thankful that the kidney stone pain has decreased dramatically.

However the pain and discomfort from the stent inside me is hard to get used to. It pretty much feels like a constant urinary tract infection. And I have to be very careful getting around, not picking up Robby unless I absolutely have to, not doing too much, etc...


"bloom where you're planted"


I've been thinking about that phrase a lot today. I don't understand why all this has happened to me over the past week or so, but I do know that I can control how I respond to it. I do have control over how I react and if I choose to continue to praise God through it. I can try my best to somehow find the good in it and have a thankful heart, no matter what.

So, that's what I am trying to do.


So, my life's gonna look quite a bit different for awhile.
It's gonna be a lot slower.
A lot less busy. A lot less complicated.

And I am gonna focus on appreciating the good things in it. Like that the sweet face in the photo above. I'm gonna sit and sit and sit - holding my babies. Singing more songs. Reading my Bible. And resting in the loving arms of the God who has carried me through this little trial.


8 comments:

  1. Most sincerely, yes! Slow down, rest, love on your babies and wait on the Lord. So glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was certainly hoping that this would all end for you now, too. I don't blame you for being disappointed a bit. But I am so encouraged by your attitude toward your circumstances. May His strength see you through.

    I met with my pastor this morning and he passed on a verse to me that he had on his heart . . . I want to pass it on to you: "you whom I've upheld since your birth . . . I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you" Isaiah 46:3-4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sorry to hear this, but the good news is more family time with your precious babies. Take good care of yourself and I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lora! I know what you are going through...being in pain and not knowing when you will have answers and relief is difficult...(I have been struggling with debilitating back pain for 2 years now....tests...no answers...just a bunch of waiting and wondering what's next.)
    I do know this: Everything that comes our way is from Him. I truly believe that. He just wants us to give Him the glory...to know and trust Him. I'm so glad you are able to rest more...and being home with the children and in the Word is THE best place to be for healing!!

    Still praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lora, this was our target verse in our James Bible study this week: Whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything. James 1:2-3
    Your testimony through this hard time has brought glory to the Father. He has asked you to be still and listen to Him. What blessing will be yours as you obey, even though it is so hard. We love you and will see you soon.
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking and praying for you! Those sweet faces will lighten any heart. What a beautiful perspective you are taking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon. Being limited while being a mom is definitely not easy. Hopefully you will be able to turn this into a time of refreshing physically, emotionally, and spiritually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes and Satan would love to come in, if he hasn't tried already, I am sure he has, and destroy you in any way he can, and this is a perfect "in" for him,
    so TAKE HOLD and fight him back!!!! He can't have you over this!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin