Saturday, January 28, 2012

lithotripsy update

wanted to write a quick update while i am still sort of "with it" before my morning dose of narcotics take full effect.

had the lithotripsy procedure done late afternoon yesterday. doctor told clint that it went well. i am supposed to call my urologist on monday to schedule a time to come in and get the stent removed. apparently, the stone fragments will come out the same time as the stent comes out...

i guess everyone reacts to anethesia differently, but my reaction was crying. all i remember mostly during the actual procedure was me crying on the table and the shock waves hurting my back. and next thing i knew i was in the recovery room. crying. like sad crying. i guess all of these past two weeks just hit me or something. and i was so sad. thinking about the pain, weaning robby, etc... eventually, i came to and stopped crying and was ok. then, clint drove me home a little while later.

i am extremely sore. oh my gosh. feel like i've been run over by a truck. i am in bed now with my laptop. i had to start taking the narcotics again for the pain. hopefully, i will not have to take them much longer. hoping and praying that i will be back to normal very soon. i am so grateful that my parents are here for a few days. because there is no way i could take care of my kiddos/house feeling the way i feel right now.

thank you all so much for your prayers and emails.

6 comments:

  1. Hugs and prayers for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you are nearing the end of this. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful for your family and Jesus who sustains. Rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Relieved to hear you are home and well on the road to recovery. You are on my mind and in my heart, Lora...I am praying. Thanks again for taking the time to update us...

    I don't know you personally, but I believe the Lord has put you into my life, even at this limited capacity, that I might be one of those privileged to answer to the call to pray for you. He is working through all of us...drawing us all to His side through all circumstances, showing us all His glory in our lives.

    Rest, dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am so glad that it is almost over for you! Get some rest and sleep. Praying for a super speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm happy that the procedure is done and soon all of this pain will be behind you. Praying that you're well again soon!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin