Monday, January 30, 2012

learning to play

Robby had the best time this morning playing with a little racecar and a toy garage. My mom and I really enjoyed watching him figure out how the car could slide down the ramps. You could almost see his brain working - it was so great. Today was the first time he really "played", you know? He had a goal in mind to get that car down the ramp, and he didn't stop until he reached his goal.










I've got a goal today, too. To pass all the little stones in my body. I had my stint removed today (ouch!), and no stones came out with it. (The doctor who performed the lithotripsy told me that they would come out with the stone.) I cried like a baby in that doctor's office after they took the stint out and told me there were no stones with it. So, now I wait. I've got approximately 5 one millimeter stones to pass on my own now. The kidney stone pain has resumed a little bit, and I am bracing myself for the storm. Hopefully, the pain will not get any worse. And hopefully, I will pass all the stones very very soon..

Speaking of that, I'm gonna go guzzle some more water now.

I am repeating this verse today:


"This is the day the Lord has made. 
I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!"

Psalm 118:24

Bottom line is - God is good. No matter what.

So, I am making the choice to thank Him.
To find the beauty that is around me.
There is always beauty.
There is always something lovely to think about.

I am gonna look into the beautiful blue eyes of my children.
I'm gonna hold my husband's hand.
I'm gonna eat some chocolate. :)

And I'm gonna praise Him in the midst of this storm!



(linking up with:)

5 comments:

  1. That's great! My little one just started walking around and it is so fun to see the joy in his eyes when he thinks "look at me! I can do this!!!". Have you had any cranberry juice? I have heard that is great for kidneys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane6:34 PM

    Bless you, Lora. I am convinced that God allows us to struggle at times, so that we may be of comfort to someone else who might have to go through the same or similar experience. This verse speaks to that: "All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful
    father and the source of all comfort. He comforts us in all our troubles SO THAT we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us." I will continue to pray that all of those little stones will roll away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the little feller had a fine day; what a blessing. I hope you pass those stones quickly; they are so painful and I'm sorry for your pain.
    BTW, I'm having a giveaway for followers; hope you'll comment for a chance to win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a beautiful family! Looking at your pictures brought a smile to my face. Thank you so much for inviting me to visit your blog!

    Praying for God to DISSOLVE those stones and for Him to completely heal you, removing all pain. Bless your heart, you've been through a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God IS good no matter what!

    I was thinking: Robbie is officially in a new phase of his development now. No more boobies; time for cars! Boys... they always have to have their toys, don't they? ;o)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin