Monday, January 16, 2012

kidney stone

warning- i am on narcotics for pain, so if this post sounds weird, that's why..

just wanted to give you guys an update on my kidney stone. I woke up at 5am yesterday morning in a lot of pain. I waited it out as long as I could till about 1pm, and then I knew this wasn't gas, and was most likely something else. Clint took me to the ER and they gave me an iv with fluids, pain meds, anti nausea med, etc and did a CT scan. Turns out I have a pretty large kidney stone (most are 1-2 mm, mine is 5 mm). Anyway, they sent me home last night with narcotics and anti=nausea meds. I am totally wiped out. Can't get out of bed.

My sweet mother-in-law offered to drive the 9 hour drive up here to stay and help with the children until I pass the stone. (the dr said it'll take 5-7 days)She'll be arriving tonight.

so, please please pray that the stone will dissolve/break up so I won't have to pass the solid stone. And pray that it won't take a week like the dr said)
and for grace and strength for me. I feel so so weird. I'm sure a lot of it is the meds i am on

and also pray for my emotions too. I had to stop nursing robby abruptly becase i don't feel comfortable nursing him with this narcotic in my body. So, I am super sad about that. I didn't get to have a final goodbye nursing session with him. :( He's old enough now, its more me than him...

ok, gotta stop typing. my head is fuzzy.

thank you for all your prayers and encouragement via twitter and texts, calls, etc.






15 comments:

  1. All the grandmas in our prayer group are lifting you up. Daddy and I are praying continually for you.
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lora!
    You will be prayed for all day long. May His mercy cover over you and carry you through. I'll be praying for your mother-in-law too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad that you had to abruptly stop your nursing....I do remember that never being an easy moment of truth for me. Lifting you up in prayer, dear lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( feel better that sound horrible. I will say a prayer for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding you to a long prayer list. Hope the Lord doesn't mind me tying up his day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry that you are feeling bad...praying that the stone breaks up and leaves quickly and that you feel well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get well soon Lora. I'm thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry! Praying for your quick recovery from the kidney stone, and that you and your little guy will have some sweet cuddles once you're better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for your healthy and quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be praying for you! Both the kidney stone and the nursing at once is very traumatic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sorry you are going through all this stuff. Saying a prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayed for you according to your request. May it be so. (Maybe if your milk has not dried up yet, if you wanted too, you could pump for several days until the meds are out of your system. Then you could start nursing again. It might be to much to do while you are sick and feeling badly though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no! I am so sorry that you're experiencing so much pain. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh lora my dear friend, I had not heard of this yet, darn darn darn, I wish I had seen this, I have been busy with my daughter's bday! I am so sorry you have been suffering, and I read both posts, so I will be praying for healing and for that stone to PASS. I am thinking about you and praying!!! Hold tight sweet friend...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin