Tuesday, January 24, 2012

healing wings

I managed to sit down at my dining room table this morning and hammer out a little jewelry. It felt really good. I could only do a bit, but it was enough to lift my spirit. Without fail, Jesus ministers to my heart whenever I make things with my hands. Today, I made a little necklace that really speaks to where I am at these days. It's all about healing. And safety. And being rescued, more like swept up, by the mighty wings of my Powerful God.


"But for you who revere my name, 
the Sun of Righteousness will rise 
with healing in its wings. 
And you will go out and leap like calves 
released from the stall." 
Malachi 4:2

side note - Whenever I quote that verse, I usually leave off that last bit of the verse with the calves leaping. But today, it means more to me than almost all the rest.  I am clinging to that last bit. I can't wait to be free and healed up so that I can leap like a calf let out of its stall! Free from this stent inside me. Free from any fragments of kidney stone that are lingering still... 


Oh, and here's one other thing that brought some healing and hope to my heart this morning:

my buddies


Have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone!!

And if you're in need of some healing,
His wings are plenty big enough for you, too!!



(linking up with:)



4 comments:

  1. So glad you got to do some creating- balm to the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The necklace is lovely and your little ones are adorable. Saying a prayer for you and complete healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. really really sweet, i love how it turned out,
    and your little guys :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that! I can't wait to be released from the basement stall! jeremy gets to go before I do.... 4 more months for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin