Tuesday, January 31, 2012

deliverance

This scripture sums it all up for me these days.
The Lord has been my Helper. My Deliverer. My Strength.

He has carried me through this trial.
And I am so happy to say that it is almost over.
After two weeks of pain, two surgeries, one CT scan,
two catheters, one stint, three KUB xrays,
lots of narcotics which meant having to abruptly wean my baby boy,
and lots of crying...
I started passing kidney stones yesterday afternoon. 
I've got about fifteen pieces collected in a little pill bottle.

And I feel so. much. better.
I was able to put my children to bed last night by myself.
I even got to hold my baby, sing him a lullaby beside his crib,
and put him in his crib - all by myself.
I took a shower this morning and got dressed in actual clothes today. Not pajamas.

I woke up this morning with a song on my heart. One I haven't listened to years.
I played it a little while ago, and the tears started falling.
I raised my hands high up in the air and worshiped the Lord.
He is faithful.




I want to encourage you to take five minutes for yourself today and listen to this song.
Let the words wash over you.
Give your burdens to Jesus.
He will never put more on you than you can bear!


(linking up here:)







7 comments:

  1. He is faithful! I am so happy for you, Lora! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN, AMEN and AMEN ! ! ! ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better!! Our Father is faithful and holds us up through the trials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tears came to my eyes in relief for you- O glory to God, what mercies he sends. I am so thankful to Him that this ordeal is finally coming to a close for you- and thanks to you for sharing with us how he has held you through it all. I love to hear how God loves his children and cares for them. We all need to be reminded every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are an overcomer lora!!! i'm so glad you are through. i love you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God! I will keep praying for your continued recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy to hear that you are feeling better. Praising God for your healing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin