Friday, January 13, 2012

bread of life

I dusted off my bread maker last night. It had been several years since I had used it. (I got it at a yard sale soon after I got married.) Anyway, I found an easy recipe for basic bread and made it last night. It was so easy to do, and best of all, my house smelled amazing. The smell of freshly baked bread is one of my absolute favorite aromas!

Simple White Bread II Recipe (for your bread maker)
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select cycle; press Start.

A late night snack of toast with butter and strawberry jam.
Heavenly!

(and don't you love my new vintage plate? 
I got it the other day at Goodwill for 29 cents. :))

I couldn't help but think of this scripture as I was waiting for the bread to be finished baking. My house smelled so good, and I could understand why Jesus compared Himself to bread.

And His words are so true - He really does satisfy!

As I was writing this post this morning, I remembered an old song that I used to sing with a traveling singing group when I was in my early twenties. The words are really beautiful!




(When I looked up the song on youtube, I felt pretty old!
The photo of the CD is really dated. :) But, it's still a good song!)


2 comments:

  1. I made bread today, now, at 9:07 need to go downstairs and bake it.
    I'm sooooo slow but I'll have freshly baked bread and wouldn't have if I'd never have started -smile-.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:17 AM

    i love my honey. aren't you jealous i git to sure a house with this one?....the husband

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin