Saturday, December 3, 2011

gift wrapping with vintage patterns

I really love using vintage patterns to wrap gifts. They are economical (I can usually get a pattern at the thrift store for about 10 cents!), they are resourceful and eco-friendly, and most of all, they just look cool! 

For those of you that have bought something from my shop, you already know that I like to wrap my necklaces and vintage items in vintage pattern paper, tied with yarn or vintage ribbons or lace trims.

Here's what I've been doing lately with my jewelry orders. I got some beautiful ivory organza jewelry pouches online and I put the vintage paper wrapped necklaces inside.

So cute!! (if I do say so myself! :) )

This is a gift I recently gave to my friend Therese for her 30th birthday.
(One of my antique key necklaces is inside the box.)

I cut a small piece of the pattern cover and taped it on the top of the craft box.
I love the retro drawings, don't you?!

and I took a bit of some lovely vintage lace trim to tie around the box.
(you might recognize the trim - I also used it for this project)

And vintage pattern paper is also great for stuffing inside gift bags as well.
It's a lot less expensive than regular tissue paper and looks much cuter!

4 comments:

  1. Super cute Lora! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so adorable! I love the vintage materials. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cheeky pattern ladies are so cute. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very entertained to open the package and find pattern pieces inside! Fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin