Tuesday, December 13, 2011

assembly lines and free pie

Well, the past few days have been a whirlwind. I've been soooo busy with orders for the shop. It's a good thing, don't get me wrong. But, man, have I been working hard! I've been keeping long hours, hammering away, at custom necklaces. And I've been spending most every morning packing up orders. Bless Joseph's heart - he's been such a trooper each morning playing by himself while I wrap jewelry in bubble wrap and get lost in a sea of vintage pattern paper and packing tape. I set him up near me with a bowl of beads and charms today and he had fun putting them in and out of different containers.

this was my morning.

I was praying this morning with Ruth and Joseph as I walked Ruth to preschool that God would give me the grace to finish the work I had to do today. I had to pack up about ten orders, among other little things, like emailing customers, etc. I was a bit overwhelmed as I prayed. 

I stopped by to see a friend on my way home and she gave me a little present, a book called "God's Promises for your Every Need". I flipped it open randomly, and my eyes fell to this scripture:

"Fear not, for I am with you. 
Be not dismayed, for I am Your God. 
I will strengthen you, 
Yes, I will help you.
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." 
Isaiah 41:10

I got home from our morning walk and the Lord gave me the idea of doing an assembly line. I cut up all the little pieces of bubble wrap, pattern paper, etc, etc. And let me tell you, the packing went so much smoother and faster than it normally does!

God definitely helped me a bunch today, just like He promised me that He would!


And then, when I got back home from picking Ruth up at lunchtime, I got a special surprise treat from one of Charlotte's friends (whom I had only just met a few hours before!). She bought me a pumpkin pie. (Which is, by the way, my absolute favorite dessert.) Thank you, Jesus!

*******************************************

If you follow me on twitter, you know that yesterday was the last day that I was taking custom orders for Christmas. But, I've still got lots of pretty necklaces in the shop that are ready to ship. So, come on over and check them out! Here's one I just listed a few minutes ago:

{never alone} hand stamped brass necklace with turquoise and faceted yellow bead

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; 
He will never leave you nor forsake you. 
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." 
Deuteronomy 31:8

4 comments:

  1. Ever since I found your blog you have been one of my favorite blog authors. I love reading your revelations and experiences because they always seem to tech me at a time I need them. They always seem to be a confirmation for me. Thank you! I hope you and your family have a most joyous Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for orders, although I absolutely understand the stress!

    How do you print your labels? What do you use? I've been going to the post office and it's just gotten to be too much for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog via the giveaway. I love how you incorporate faith into your jewelry. They're lovely, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is so good, isn't He!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin