Thursday, November 10, 2011

{streams of joy}

About a month ago, I found these gorgeous little gold swirl charms online. They reminded me of waves. I knew I could incorporate them into some new pieces for the shop and the upcoming craft shows I had. Well, I received them in the mail shortly after and then promptly lost them. I looked everywhere for them.

Then, about a week later, I got an email from a customer that I made a special necklace for. She told me that her package didn't have her necklace in it. Instead, inside her fabric jewelry pouch was a little plastic bag of gold charms. I had been doing so much at that time getting ready for Harvest Fest that I packed those charms in her package instead of her custom necklace (which I never did find, by the way. I had to make her another one!)

She kindly mailed those charms back to me. Harvest Fest had come and gone, and I didn't get to use them in any necklaces. But, I did make this necklace the other day, using one of the little swirls. I love it so much.


"The lame will leap like a deer, and those who cannot speak will sing for joy! Springs will gush forth in the wilderness, and streams will water the wasteland." Isaiah 35:6

****************************
 I've been thinking about how I had to wait so long to have those charms back.
That I lost them, then found them, then waited for them to return.....

And God began to speak to my heart about joy

About streams of joy, more specifically.  

Rivers of living water. 

Waves of His joyful presence.

***********************************

Sometimes, we really do have to wait for our joy to come. 

We have to press in, and press through.

We have to remind ourselves that our joy is not lost. 

It is safe in the hands of our Maker.

He has not forgotten us. 

And if we do not give up, the joy will return.

In greater measure.

In a huge wave that will crash over us,

overtaking us, 

drenching us with His living water.

The water that always satisfies our thirst!



4 comments:

  1. As usual you are a tool of encouragement from God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lora! :) That is a really beautiful chain. Love your blog and your sweet way of sharing scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post!

    PS: I gave you an award!
    http://yesteachercrafts.blogspot.com/2011/11/for-me-and-for-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work, love the necklace, and yes, we have to press on toward the GOAL like Paul! I loved your post, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin